Job Opportunity: Gym Lead at the Boys & Girls Club of Umpqua Valley
Position: Gym Lead
Location: Boys and Girls Club of Umpqua Valley, 1144 NE Cedar Street, Roseburg, OR 97470
About us: The Boys & Girls Club of the Umpqua Valley is looking for the right person to join our team working with youth. The Gym Lead Program Staff will plan and implement fun and enriching activities for youth in our afterschool program. We believe in fostering the physical, emotional, and social growth of our members in a safe environment, and our Gym Lead plays a pivotal role in achieving this mission.
Role Overview: As the Gym Lead, you will take charge of our gymnasium and recreational activities, creating a positive and inclusive space for our members to stay active, learn new skills, and build friendships. Your role involves supervising and coordinating various sports, games and physical activities with our Athletic Director while ensuring safety and promoting healthy behavior.
- Plan, organize, and lead a variety of age-appropriate physical activities and games.
- Provide instruction in various sports and fitness activities to the members.
- Ensure the gym environment is safe, clean, and well-maintained.
- Supervise and engage with members to ensure their participation and enjoyment.
- Foster a sense of teamwork, sportsmanship, and respect among members.
- Collaborate with other staff and Athletic Director to create a physical activities calendar.
- Maintain equipment and facilities, ensuring they are clean and in good working order. Notify the responsible party if an issue arises.
Qualifications: Successful applicants will possess a positive attitude, communication & conflict resolution skills, be a team player, pass a criminal history background check and drug screen. Applicants 21 years of age or older and experience in planning & implementing youth programs/activities are preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 – $16.20 per hour
Schedule: 4-6 hour shift Monday to Friday 1:30-6:30
How to apply: Apply in person at the business office of BGCUV at 1144 NE Cedar St., Roseburg.
For questions or additional info call 541-440-9505.